Grand Rapids (WZZM) - Even after you have had a good night of sleep, some days you find yourself dragging as the day goes along.
Kim Olson, aka Fit Kim, shows you how to naturally get more energy into your day through your food. Click on the video link to watch the segment. Click here to learn more about Fit Kim.
Here is some of Fit Kim's advice:
- Green leafy vegetables are so low in calories and high in nutrition that they give your body what it needs for that energy. A quick fix is a green smoothie. The recipe is on Fit Kim's blog. Throw in powdered greens, such as Gen Essential greens. 75 plants are in there. That product is available at Harvest Health.
- Walnuts and almonds can help boost your energy. The protein/fiber combo helps regulate your blood sugar. But we tend to eat too many of the nuts, so here's a trick. Fill an Altoids tin with one of them and that gives you about an ounce, the perfect snack size.
- Organic Edamame is usually in the frozen section in the grocery store. It's very nutritious. It's one of the richest sources of triptophan, a hormone that helps you boost your mood, help you regulate your appetite. It's also high in folate which helps you increase your serotonin, the feel good hormone.
- Acai berry juice is high in B vitamins, which is an energy source, it will convert your food to fuel.
- If you feel tired, have a glass of water because what you might think of as exhaustion may actually be dehydration.